first F-class FireFly soon rigged by SmartRigging with PBO
Firefly is the prototype of a new one-design race-classic of the F-class. She is developed as a high-performance racer, optimised to race in the Spirit of Tradition class. The design brief called “for a yacht to be fast on all points of sail, both in light- and heavy wind”. With a displacement of just below 60 ton and a draft of 5,2 meter, the design is extremely powerful. The one-design class that is developed under the auspiciën of the F-Class Association also allows a lifting keel to be used, but the first prototype will be built with a fixed keel.
The deck layout can be customised. The interior, for the first yacht, is minimal, although a regular interior layout is possible and accepted in the Class.
FireFly is a Hoek Design, she is being built by Claassen Jachtbouw, the mast will be supplied by Hall Spars and the rigging by SmartRigging. Sails will be supplied by North Sails.
For further information on this class please go to www.fclassyachts.com
- Code1 anti torsion luff cable for 1900m2 Code1
- GIANT SCHOONER ATHOS RIGGED BY SMARTRIGGING
- BMWORACLE takes it home !!
- SmartRigging and EasyRigging on display at Boot Dusseldorf
- Seasons Greetings by SmartRigging
- The Carbon Evolution, C-evo
- The New SIG 45 , with SmartRigging
- New GunBoat 66 sets sail, rigged by SmartRigging
- New X-65 equiped with SmartRigging IFS
- 8th Place for Shamoun at the Super Yacht Cup '09
- Congratulations Shamoun !!
- Innovation in production
- VOR update Team Puma
- PUMA finishes second in Cape Town
- SmartRigging supllied total PBO rigging for 'Shamoun'
- Gunboat 62, 66 & 90, total PBO SmartRigging
- Team PUMA, Volvo Ocean Race 2008
- SmartRigging to supply all PBO rigging for 'Athos'
- Congratulations to WestMarine Rigging.
- Marström expands business with SmartRigging.
- A revolution in rigging is here!
- Sail Faster with EasyRigging